Is My Theme Weird?

I have not seen one post so far on my theme but here I go. We are HUGE hockey fans. We want to do a sort of team theme kind of winterish or maybe like an arena. So far I have thought of having small pennants replace the table #`s and everyones place card having a team logo to find there table. Small flags with our teams on it in center of table. Does anyone have any ideas I was thinking of small carts like Vendors with popcorn, cotton candy but that may run into big $$ to rent. Can I make baskets with certain treats in it like you would buy at a game? I found a hockey caketopper and we also were going to hang our jerseys where we will be sitting. Im trying to think of a way to make the dance floor look like ice maybe certain colors white,blue ? Icicles lights? Any ideas would be great .

Thanks
Posted by N, NYC; updated 10/30/02

Post your contact info and I will send you ideas.
Posted by Sweet Sixties; updated 10/31/02

I think it`s fabulous. A wedding is an expression of you and you`ve got a passion for hockey, let it show!

There`s lots of great things to coordinate with your theme. One idea is to have your bridal party form an arch with hockey sticks for you to walk through as you enter the reception.

If you`d like more suggestions, e-mail me at mansurfamily@hotmail.com.

~Karen
Posted by Karen; updated 10/31/02

If you could find a way to secure it to the ground so it didn`t get bunched up much, you could use a frosted fabric laid out on the ground... I was in theater through out college and we used similar stuff for frozen pond sets
Posted by jenny; updated 10/31/02

Have you thought about renting out an ice skating rink for the reception? They usually have small rooms used for parties in the same building. If this is not an option for you, you could speak to some companys about using lighting to make the dancefloor look like ice. The fabric Idea sounds good, But I would be worried about liability, if someone slips, it would be you they come after....yikes! By the way- Good for you for standing up for what your interests are! I think your ideas are brilliant!

Beatty Bee`s Party Planning
Posted by Beatty Bee's; updated 10/31/02

Hello i hope you get this....i too would like to have a hockey themed wedding. I have some questions for you, i am looking to find cake toppers that have nhl hockey logos on the bride and groom. I am a huge rangers fan and she is a huge islanders fan. Do you think i can find them? if you have any help for me please advise. Email:
Bivs516@optonline.net
Posted by Tom; updated 04/12/03

Great idea! Your wedding will be one that will never be forgotten! Sweetly Unique offers hockey-themed personalized candy bar wrappers. You can use the candy bars as place settings, favors, or in gift baskets. Check them out at www.geocities.com/personalizedwrappers
Good luck!

Visit our page for more info: Sweetly Unique - Personalized Designs By Leah
Posted by Leah; updated 04/13/03

If you`re having a cake on a multi-leveled stand like mine, maybe have a mirror on one of the cake tops and have a couple of skaters on it?

Not weird at all! :)

K
Posted by Kimberly; updated 04/13/03

During the second break at a recent hockey game, a couple had their wedding ceremony on the ice. They had the mascot walk down the aise dropping pucks instead of rose petals, an organ playing the wedding march and they tied cans to the zambonie. It was great.

Congratulations!!
Posted by April; updated 04/18/03

I think if you are going to spend the rest of your day with this person than you two should do what makes you happy. Some people just are not traditional, but everyone is unique and individual so why should your special day be just like everyone else`s? You will want to remember your day as yours and unlike anyone else’s, so I say go for it!
Posted by Laura; updated 07/09/03

Not at all weird, my fiance and I are having a hockey themed wedding, check out www.askginka.com for some great hockey/wedding ideas. The have all kinds of stuff like hockey themed cake toppers, check out the hockey skate cake, it is awesome. Good luck!

Brandi
New Jersey
Posted by Brandi; updated 08/16/03

NOT at all my Fiance and I are also doing a wedding ON ICE the ceremony will be on the ice with guests in the stands followed by open skating and then open hockey. Contrary to my parents complaints about it, I`ve said this is a place where we have spent a lot of time on and love the ice and the sport. It IS our life so it is just natural to want to be married there. Thjanks to everyone else who has posted for hockey wedding ideas. Wedding is April 17 04
Posted by Becky; updated 09/15/03

NOT at all my Fiance and I are also doing a wedding ON ICE the ceremony will be on the ice with guests in the stands followed by open skating and then open hockey. Contrary to my parents complaints about it, I`ve said this is a place where we have spent a lot of time on and love the ice and the sport. It IS our life so it is just natural to want to be married there. Thjanks to everyone else who has posted for hockey wedding ideas. Wedding is April 17 04
Posted by Becky; updated 09/15/03

Congratulations on planning the wedding of your dreams. Not everyone goes with their hearts, they go with what Mom expects instead. I have also used askginka.com for my wedding plans ans have found them to be very, very helpful with their ideas and links. Good luck.
Posted by Kristina; updated 09/22/03

I am trying to do something very similar with my upcoming wedding. Our crystal champagna glasses have the Philadelphia Flyers logo on them and I am trying to find a garter and cake topper too. Good Luck
Posted by kimmy; updated 10/09/03

Hi Kimmy,

That`s cool I found a website with NHL Garters and I have MANY Nhl Links . My wedding is this Sat. The 11th. If you want E-mail me I can send you a ton of Web sites. I also had a custom made caketop made of us in our Hockey jerseys Im a Leaf fan he`s a Canuck fan.

Good luck
N NYC
Posted by Miss Domi; updated 10/09/03

Your theme is not that weird. Mine is going to be a gothic sort of halloween theme. Some of my ideas like wearing a black wedding dress or getting married in a cemetery were nixed by not only my fiance but by both my family and his. So you`re theme is not all that weird.
Posted by faith crim; updated 10/10/03

Miss Domi,
I would really appreciate if you could send me the links. My e-mail address is dare420@comcast.net.
Posted by kimmy; updated 10/10/03

I think it`s a great idea! Go for what your passion is...as for ideas...the ice rink rental would be a neat idea if you could do it. Otherwise, look for lights to make the place sparkle. Also, I read an idea that rock salt on the table with some candles will make the place sparkle as well, so that might be an option for table decor. Also, for favor, baskets with popcorn or pretzels or whatever would be really neat. I don`t know if you`ve done invitations already, but if not, maybe you could make them look like tickets to a hockey game or something...I`ll be interested to hear what you eventually do for the reception - it sounds like your guests are going to have a ball!
Posted by Heather; updated 10/15/03

Hello....first and foremost congratulations on your upcoming wedding I am sure you are very excited. My name is Randy and I just wanted to let you know that we can provide you with decorating services for your wedding from custom table/chair treatments and centerpieces to theme decor, creating an unforgettable atmosphere and enviornment at any location you may be having your affair. We can custom design and provide you with EVERY need if you like from A to Z. We ship and travel to major cities and locations all across the U.S. Providing award winning theme decor services for wedding receptions, corporate events, trade shows, etc. We recently had a tremendous event in Morgantown, VA. Designing a grand opening event for a new Radisson hotel that the entire surrounding communities are stll buzzing about. I`d love to be able to discuss any ideas that you may have for your event if I may as we`d love to be of any service to you. We also offer discounts on any services to you just for mentioning that you found us on PartyPop.com. Feel free to give me a call toll free at 1-800-362-4685 (ask for Randy) or drop me an email at nothaftdna@aol.com. I also invite you to visit our website at www.dna-intl.com.....AND BE AMAZED, BE VERY AMAZED...! Thanks, and hope to hear from you..!

Visit our page for more info: Nothaft & Associates

Posted by Randy; updated 11/01/03

Your theme is definetly not weird. I am also having a hockey wedding.. Both sides of the family are really supportive since it is a passion we both love. Was also wondering if anyone has any good sites to visit if you could please e-mail me. Shartman14@hotmail.com it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advnace for any help that is provided.
Posted by sid; updated 12/26/03