Bnai Zion Gift Shop
- Based in:
- Based in El Paso,TX
- 805 Cherry Hill Dr.
- City, Zip Code & State
- El Paso, TX 79912
A conservative congregation founded in 1900 and affiliated with the United Synagogue of America and the Jewish Theological Seminary.
During the first years of its existence, the Congregation met in temporary quarters. In 1910, the sixty-five members purchased land at 902 N. El Paso Street and completed construction of a building in 1912. The membership grew, partially through consolidation in 1920 with a sister Congregation, "Achim Meemonim." As activities, programming, and membership increased, the need for a new synagogue became apparent. In April 1926, ground was broken for the building at 1416 N. Mesa Street, which was to be home for fifty-seven years.
The membership grew and the scope, activities, and programs of the Congregation were expanded. These factors, together with a change in the demographics of the membership necessitated the need for a new edifice. Our magnificent new Synagogue was completed in 1983.
Throughout its history, and continuing into the present, Congregation B’nai Zion strives to fulfill the traditional threefold function for its membership – worship, education and fellowship.
There are currently no reviews for this vendor