Outside Wedding Lights

I am having my reception at a park. I want to decorate the trees around the building.
Do you have any ideas on tree lights or any decorative ideas?

Thanks!
Jodi
Posted by Jodi; updated 04/01/02

What about paper lanterns with candles inside them. You could hang them from the tree branches.
Posted by Karen; updated 04/13/02

Do you have any ideas on how to make them, or a site I can visit to learn? I am not crafty, but I will make it myself..

Thanks for your help, hope to hear back!!
Posted by Jodi; updated 04/15/02

Check IKEA for lanterns...they are cheap...paper, metal,...different kinds... Also you can order them to be shipped..check online at IKEA
Posted by shelley; updated 04/16/02

I tried to find lanterns on IKEA, and was unable to find any on the site. Any clue on the direction to the site?
Posted by Jodi; updated 04/16/02

Look in the DECORATIONS Catagories on this site. I foung guys that did amazing Christmas lights on the house and trees here last Christmas. I don`t remember the name. Look in Decor-Decorations or Decor-Props and Scenery
Posted by Robert; updated 04/16/02

Try www.partylights.com This might be better then candles because certain places might not let you have candle burning from the trees. Go to the Upscale tab and good luck!
Posted by Kelly; updated 04/16/02

We used christmas icicle lights . Also mason jars filled with sand and candles in them, they where cheap and looked great
Posted by valley; updated 06/03/02

Hello, I had the idea to find lots of different shaped and sized jars (old mason jars or whatever) and hang them from the tree limbs, fence, tables. You can find colorful rocks to hold the candle inside. This gives a romantic glow and you can hang lots of them. Maybe go to garage sales and find. Good Luck
Posted by Ann; updated 07/29/02

You can also use the white table covering that comes in a box and rap it around the bottom of the trees. You can also use candles to go down your path of chairs . This is very nice i am doing a wedding outside and they are using lights and it is going to be very nice, i do weddings and ect. For a living in my spare time. You would not beleive the ideas i have came up with. Need any help give me a yell. I can send you a drawing of how the lights and candles and white coverings would look like.
Posted by tracy; updated 07/16/03

Can you send me an e-mail and let me know how to do the White table covering on the trees. This is the first time I have heard of this. That would add a nice touch too!
Posted by Jodi; updated 07/17/03

Tracy could you please give me some ideas! my email is bettyboop_423@hotmail.com. Thanks alot!!
Posted by Ashley; updated 07/20/03

Hi Tracy,
I, too, need some help with outdoor lighting for a garden reception. We have a burning ban due to extremely dry areas and so I`m looking for other ideas. If you can help, that would be wonderful.
Thanks,
Teri
Posted by Teri; updated 08/05/03

Tracy,

My wedding is this weekend. Can you tell me how I can do those White Table coverings on the trees?

Thanks again!
Posted by Jodi; updated 08/06/03