Black And White Wedding- Help?

Hi all, i like alot of others out there am looking for some original wedding decor ideas. Not favors but decorations and table designs and new ideasfor when guests walk in? Help, my colours are black and white
Posted by Taryn; updated 08/24/03

Email us for black and white centerpiece ideas at wedding@bridalfavorweb.com.
Posted by Christy; updated 09/30/03

Email us at cupidwedding@yahoo.com if you need white chair covers and sashes
Posted by Cupid; updated 10/01/03

I am doing a black and white thing as well. Still workings some ideas but this is what I have for ideas thus far: Flowers: lazy susans (white daisies with black center)
Decorations: Black and white lanterns at each table (cheaper alternative is hurricane lamps from general store or Big Lots- $3 each), white christmas lights (the kind with numerous individual strings that hang down) overlapped with tulle to soften the light (will be really cheap after Christmas), and these branch-like things I found at Michaels (craft store). They are made to look like branches with ice or snow on them- they are black and have small clear crystals on them that would reflect light in a great way ($13 a stem and can be cut and used on more than one table depending on thick you want to lay them). Also, I will probably preprint menus and tie them into a scroll using silver or black ribbon and tie a decorative silver charm into the bow. Craft stores sell a large bag of silver buttons and similar items that can be used for this for around $4. For rooms needing more decorations, you can use black, white, and silver balloons to fill up the ceiling and build (or borrow from local theatre, school, prop place) a city skyline to go across one wall.
Invitations: Words to invitation are printed on sheet music, sent out in black envelopes with silver lining.
Wedding Favors: Black paper cones lined with tulle and filled with Hershey kisses spilling out at each place setting or small silver frames (used as place cards or include black and white photo of bride and groom)
Seed/Rice packs: Buy french paper and make into pouches. (featured in a wedding magazine and looked good) Basicly cut into a rectangle, fold in half and glue the sides. Punch holes (maybe use a heart shaped punch) and lace up the sides with pretty ribbon. Fold down the top and thread ribbon through and tie in bow.
Posted by Cheri; updated 10/01/03