Broadway Musicals

We`re planning a Broadway Musical theme for my daughter`s Bat Mitzvah. I`d like to make centerpieces using various playbills. Does anybody have any ideas how I can get (or make) playbills? She`d like to use shows that she`s seen including Wicked, Beauty and the Beast, Mama Mia, Hairspray, etc.

We`re also looking for some decorations, table card ideas, and anything else! All ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much..... Jill
Posted by Jill; updated 10/17/06

Hi.. Our broadway bat mizvahis in Janaury... I bought playbills on ebay and was able to find everything I needed. Our placecards are tickets....I also have candlelighting songs from broadway plays we are using and would be happy to share anything else...
Posted by Audrey; updated 12/28/06

Hi. Thanks for the info. Did you purchase or make the placecards? I`d also like to do something with tickets, but I`m not sure if I can make them myself. Is there a template that I could use? What do the placecards say?

I have the playbills for the centerpieces. Do you have other decorations? Any favors that match your theme?

What music are you using for the candlelighting? It sounds like you have a great event planned. Thanks for the help. Please feel free to email me at jkg227@cox.net.
Thanks!
Jill
Posted by Jill; updated 12/28/06

Hi, I am planning a shower with the Broadway theme... The invitation was a playbill. Do you have any suggestions for centerpieces? Where did you get the tickets for the place card holders? I love that idea!
Share anything! ali0811@aol.com
Thanks!
Posted by alison; updated 01/15/07

I am also trying to do a Broadway themed bat mitzvah. Did you get any ideas for table decorations etc?
Thanks
Beth
Posted by beth; updated 01/21/07

My daughter`s Broadway musical-themed bat mitzvah is coming up in April. We are using laminated Playbill covers instead of table numbers and are using balloons as decorations -- round black and white balloons and star-shaped yellow ones. I`d like to have ticket place cards -- has anyone made their own? Have played around with doing them on the computer, but it isn`t easy. Any ideas? How about favors? Any help would be appreciated!
Posted by RGK; updated 01/21/07

I can email a design i did for tickts/placecards. My email is vanandaud@aol.com

Also, i ordered star clip photo/note holders and they will hold the place cards and are a take home gift... We also are placing star choclates at each place that say my daughters name...
Happy to share anything...
Audrey
Posted by audrey; updated 01/22/07

Hi All,

For favors we are doing personalized mint tins.
Below are the table centerpieces I was thinking of modeling... What do you think? I was going to do it less gawdy...

Http://www.studiodust.com/celebrationart/broadway_shows/broadway_shows.html

I will email you for the place card idea...
Thanks,
Alison
Posted by alison; updated 01/22/07

I am just starting to plan for my daughters Broadway Themed Bat Mitzvah. Are there some good resources for finding Broadway items that anyone can share?
Posted by Juli; updated 01/25/07

Same theme for my daughter`s 3 years ago. For Table seating, used a company called Ticket Craft. Printed tickets for each table, got envelopes from them and printed my own labels, with guests names on them for the envelopes. So guests got "tickets" for their tables. For table decorations, florist created poster sized playbills and included show related decorations as well
Posted by Jeannie; updated 01/29/07

I am also planning a Broadway themed Bat Mitzvah. I am interested in the centerpieces that included items from shows as well as anyone who has used show tunes for candlelighting... I would love some song ideas. Thank you!
Posted by Lisa; updated 07/29/07

Hi. I am planning my daughter`s Bat Mitzvah and would love a resource for Musical Paybills for the centerpieces. Please let me know if you have any information, THANKS!
Posted by Pam; updated 10/19/07

Hi everyone,
Mazal Tov on your Mitzvahs. Parties With Attitude would love to work with you on your centerpieces and decor. We have done many Broadway themes and each was different, we design made to order very unique centerpieces & decor.
Click on our link or visit our website. We can also be reached at 973 997-8701
Thank you
Leslie

Visit our page for more info: Parties With Attitude

Posted by Leslie; updated 10/20/07