Andrews Memorial Chapel
- Serving Tampa Bay/Pinellas County, FL
- Andrews Memorial Chapel is a beautiful example of Early Florida Victorian architecture
- PLAN YOUR VICTORIAN WEDDING TODAY!
Andrews Memorial Chapel
This early Florida Victorian Church was built in 1888 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Located at the entrance of Hammock Park in beautiful Dunedin, Florida, it is open to the public Sundays from 2pm to 4pm for viewing.
Andrews Memorial Chapel is operated by the Dunedin Historical Society Inc., a non-profit organization that also operates the Dunedin Historical Museum.
You can schedule the chapel for weddings or various other programs including concerts, lectures, funerals, christenings, memorials, educational programs and meetings.
In 1871 a group under the leadership of Rev. Joseph Brown organized the Bethesda Presbyterian Church. Many people played a role in the construction of the church. In 1876 B M Brown (one of the original 12 Dunedin homesteaders), and the Emerson family donated land for the construction of a house of worship. Before the church was built, John G Andrews lost his son William when he died while riding a horse in a violent storm. Mr. Andrews pledged $200 to the construction costs of the church provided that it be named Andrews Memorial Church in memory of his late son. Then Mr. Alexander Anderson willed his entire estate to the church, and the building was paid off. The original site of the church is the present location of the Dunedin Cemetery.
The population shifted toward the downtown area, and in 1888 a new church waspleted on the corner of Scotland Street and Highland Avenue. The name was transferred to this new church, which is the current chapel building. This is one of the oldest remaining church buildings in the area. In the early part of 1926 the Andrews Memorial Church became Andrews Memorial Chapel and was moved south on Highland Ave to make room for the present Presbyterian church.
In 1970, the church was saved from destruction by the Dunedin Historical Society by relocating it to its present location at the entrance to Hammock Park. The building was literally cut in half in order to move it, and restoration began in 1974. At that time, the chapel was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
The building has a charming Victorian style, and is the perfect place for that perfect wedding. Constructed of Florida heart of pine, it has 2 foyers with Gothic archways leading into the sanctuary. The nautical appearing beamed ceiling, styled like a ships hull, ispletely hand carved. The pews, also hand carved, are 17 feet long and were built in the late 1800's, and the stained glass window over the pulpit is the original one.
For More Information, Please Visit Our Website:
Among other cities, Andrews Memorial Chapel may serve the following areas: Tampa, Saint Petersburg, Sarasota, Clearwater, Brooksville, Bradenton, Lakeland, Largo, Venice, Seminole, Orlando, Spring Hill, Zephyrhills, North Port, Weeki Wachee, Braden River, Lake Wales, Lutz, New Port Richey, Plant City, Tarpon Springs, Davenport, Holiday, Palm Harbor, Port Richey, Riverview, Ruskin, Wesley Chapel, Winter Haven, Belleair Beach, Carrollwood
Andrews Memorial Chapel makes the ideal setting for a wedding. Please contact our chapel coordinator to make your dream wedding a reality.
Chapel reservations include a helpful information packet on planning your wedding. Andrews Memorial Chapel is a nondenominational chapel. The cross seen in the virtual tour is removable. All faiths are welcome.
Open for public viewing Sundays 2 p.m. - 4 p.m. and Thursdays 10am to 1 pm.
Includes 3 hour wedding & 1 hour rehearsal $535.00 ($500.00 plus $35.00 sales tax)
$107.00 per hour ($100.00 plus $7.00 sales tax). Funerals must have licensed Director present and flowers must be removed immediately after service. Funeral times not available on Thursday, and Friday nights due to wedding rehearsals.
$107.00 per hour ($100.00 plus $7.00 sales tax)
2 foyers with Gothic archways leading into Sanctuary
21 pews (11 on right, 10 on left)
Seating capacity approximately 130 people
Aisle length is 40 feet - 3 inches
Aisle width is 3 feet
Building is climate controlled (both heated and air conditioned)
Nearby Butterfly Garden and Hammock Park available for photograph opportunities
Non-denominational - all faiths welcome
There are currently no reviews for this vendor